Discord is a popular gaming communication tool.
A) Create the application on Discord
- Browse the Discord Developer Portal. You'll need an existing account to proceed.
- Click on New Application and enter a name (e.g. Wiki). Click Create.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret values. We'll need them later.
B) Enable the Auth0 strategy in Wiki.js
- In the Administration Area of your wiki, click on Authentication in the left navigation.
- Click on Discord.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret values copied earlier.
- Enable the Self-registration option (unless you plan on authorizing users manually).
- Select the group new users should be assigned to when they login for the first time.
- Make sure the checkbox next to Discord in the list of strategies is checked. The text should now say that the strategy is active.
- Click Apply on the upper right of the page to save and apply the configuration.
C) Enter the OAuth2 settings on Discord
Going back to the Discord developer portal, you'll need to set the redirect URI. On the application page, click on OAuth2 in the left sidebar and add the callback redirect URI. This value can be found in Wiki.js under Configuration Reference, displayed below the settings of the Discord strategy.
Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page when done.
While optional, it's also recommended to set an Application Logo for easy identification by your end users.