Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software.
- Browse to https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps
- Click on Create app
- Choose Dropbox API and the access type App folder
- Name your app, e.g.
Wiki.js and click Create app
- Copy the App key and App secret values. We'll need them later.
- Keep this tab opened, we'll need to enter some more settings later.
- In the Administration Area of your wiki, click on Authentication in the left navigation.
- Click on Dropbox.
- Enter the App key and App secret values copied earlier.
- Enable the Self-registration option (unless you plan on authorizing users manually).
- Select the group new users should be assigned to when they login for the first time.
- Make sure the checkbox next to Dropbox in the list of strategies is checked. The text should now say that the strategy is active.
- Click Apply on the upper right of the page to save and apply the configuration.
Going back to the application page on the Dropbox app dashboard, you'll need to enter the Redirect URIs. This value can be found in Wiki.js under Configuration Reference, displayed below the settings of the Dropbox strategy.
Click the Add button when done. While optional, it's also recommended to fill in the Branding section for easy identification by your end users.