GitHub Inc. is a web-based hosting service for version control using Git.
- Go to the New OAuth Application page on GitHub
- You can also use your organization instead of your personal account by going into your organization settings page and click on
OAuth Apps, then
New OAuth App.
- Enter an Application Name (e.g. Wiki.js).
- Enter the Homepage URL to your wiki.
- Enter the Authorization callback URL in the format
- Click Register application.
- A Client ID and Client Secret will be shown. Copy these 2 keys. We'll need them later.
- (Optional) Upload an avatar for this application.
- In the Administration Area of your wiki, click on Authentication in the left navigation.
- Click on GitHub.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret values copied earlier.
For GitHub Enterprise Only:
- Enable the Self-registration option (unless you plan on authorizing users manually).
- Select the group new users should be assigned to when they login for the first time.
- Make sure the checkbox next to GitHub in the list of strategies is checked. The text should now say that the strategy is active.
- Click Apply on the upper right of the page to save and apply the configuration.