Google specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google Cloud Console
¶ A) Create Google Cloud Project
- Launch the Google Cloud Console and create a new project (if not already the case).
- From the left sidebar, click on APIs & Services.
- At the top, click on Enable APIs and Services
- Click on the Google+ API tile and enable it.
- From the left sidebar, mouse over APIs & Services and choose Credentials in the sub-menu.
- Click on the blue Create credentials button and choose OAuth client ID.
- Select Web application as the application type.
- Give a proper name (e.g. Wiki.js)
- Leave the other fields empty for now, we'll fill them later.
- Click Create to be presented with the Client ID and Client Secret. Copy these 2 keys. We'll need them later.
¶ B) Enable the Google strategy in Wiki.js
- In the Administration Area of your wiki, click on Authentication in the left navigation.
- Click on Google.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret values copied earlier.
- Enable the Self-registration option (unless you plan on authorizing users manually).
- Select the group new users should be assigned to when they login for the first time.
- Make sure the checkbox next to Google in the list of strategies is checked. The text should now say that the strategy is active.
- Click Apply on the upper right of the page to save and apply the configuration.
¶ C) Enter the allowed endpoints on Google
Going back to the Credentials page on the Google Cloud Console, click the edit icon next to the OAuth client you created earlier.
Enter the redirect URI (found under Configuration Reference displayed below the settings of the Google strategy in Wiki.js) in Authorized redirect URIs
¶ D) Set the OAuth consent screen
From the same Credentials page, click on the OAuth consent screen tab.
Fill in the name, logos, emails, etc. as needed.
In the Scopes for Google APIs, make sure the following scopes are listed:
In the Authorized domains, make sure the domain of your wiki is listed.